Keyboard Killers @ the Elizabeth Sneddon
— Competition Closed — Making a welcome return, Ian von Memerty returns to the Elizabeth Sneddon Theatre with his latest offering, Keyboard Killers from 9 – 13 November.
We are giving away 5 x double sets of tickets for the show on the 9th November. To enter you need to leave a comment below telling us why you would love to attend the show. *Std. T&C’s apply.
Take South Africa`s ‘King of the Keyboard’, von Memerty and put him together with eight of the greatest song writing piano stars and you have the recipe for a smash-hit, `killer` show! Why, of the millions of people who play the piano, are there those rare individuals whose music and lyrics inspire for decades? von Memerty takes eight of the greats – Stevie Wonder, Noel Coward, John Legend, Irving Berlin, Freddy Mercury, Fats Waller, Cole Porter and Billy Joel – an outstanding octave of pianistic power, and together with the driving percussion of Bronwen Clacherty and a the cool cat double bass of Andrew Warneke, shares his love for these iconic creators.
It is an electrifying collection of talent and their musical legacy is unparalleled. Featuring the drama of Bohemian Rhapsody; the swinging cool of I Get A Kick out Of You; the wicked wit of Don`t Put Your Daughter On the Stage Mrs Worthington; the romance of Ordinary People; the showbiz razzle-dazzle of Puttin` On the Ritz; the groove and joy of Isn`t She Lovely; and the toe – tapping stride of Ain’t Misbehaving. Enjoy the virtuosity, the style, the sheer joy of great music and timeless words brought to new life by `the James Bond of South African musical theatre`.
With magnificent Lighting by David Limbert, Sets by Mark Farrow and Costumes by Morne van Der Schyff. Von Memerty is accompanied by two superb musicians, Bass – Andrew Warneke (Masters in Music), Percussion – Bronwen Clacherty (Doctorate in Music).
Durban is the final stop on a national tour which has played to capacity audiences and wonderful reaction.
THERE ARE ONLY FIVE KEYBOARD KILLERS SHOWS:
Venue: Elizabeth Sneddon Theatre.
Dates – November 9th to 13th.
Tickets can be bought at Computicket and vary from R130 – R150 (with special discounts for block bookings and pensioners)
Two matinees on the 12th and 13th have pensioners discounts.
*Competition Terms and Conditions.
- Comment below to stand a chance of winning one of five double general access tickets to Keyboard Killers @ the Elizabeth Sneddon Theatre.
- Tickets are valid for the show on the 9th November 2016, show starting at 19h30.
- Competition opens on 31 October 2016 and closes at midday on 3 November 2016, South African Standard Time.
- Winner/s will be randomly drawn on 3 November 2016. Durbanite reserves the right to change the draw date.
- Winner/s will be notified via email and are required to confirm receipt within 24 hour of notification or redraw will take place.
- Subject to these competition rules, Durbanite’s determination of the winners is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The prizes are non-transferable for cash. If you are the winner, a copy of your South African identity document or passport may be required as proof that you are in fact the winner whose name was drawn.
- Employees, agents of or consultants to Durbanite and, their immediate family members (parents, children, brothers and sisters), spouse(s), life partners, business partners and associates are excluded from this competition.
- Failure to comply with any of these Terms and Conditions will result in immediate forfeiture of the prize.