WIN TICKETS – TERRACOTTA ARMY AND THE FIRST EMPEROR OF CHINA: THE EXHIBITION
The mystique and secrets of Ancient China are currently on display with The Terracotta Army and the First Emperor of China: The Exhibition in Durban. This show will also make its way to Johannesburg and Cape Town for the first time. We are giving away 1 set of 4 ticket each week (worth R350 each) for the next 4 weeks! To enter simply leave a comment below telling us why you deserve to win. *T&C’s apply.
The exhibition is an extraordinary voyage in Ancient China of 2,200 years ago. It is, undeniably, the most complete exhibition ever created on the Terracotta Army, the necropolis and life of the First Emperor. In an incredible staging, this exhibition brings together more than 300 life size reproductions of statues, chariots, weapons and objects from the daily life of the First Emperor of China, such as they were discovered in the more than 100 pits of the necropolis.
The Terracotta Army and the First Emperor of China: The Exhibition is presented by industry leader in the travelling exhibitions sector, Expo RSA, who previously exhibited The Art of the Brick, Titanic and Dino’s Alive.
Says Nick Dreyer, Director of Expo RSA: “The works have all been reproduced by Chinese craftsmen from the excavation region, with a particular consideration for details in order to maintain the beauty and originality of the originals. The realism of these reproductions is reinforced by the environments and a spectacular audio-visual and lighting installation.”
The Terracotta Army and the First Emperor of China: The Exhibition will take place at:
Gateway Theatre of Shopping – Umhlanga
18 March 2016 to 29 May 2016
10am to 7pm
15 June 2016 to 24 August 2016
10 am to 7pm
10 November 2016 to January 2017
10 am to 7pm
Tickets are available from www.webtickets.co.za or at the on site box office. Prices range from R140 (adults), R85 (children), R95 (pensioners and students) or R350 for a family for four (two adults and two children). Children under the age of five enter for free. Special school packages are also available in all cities.
In addition, Expo RSA is also providing free digital education curriculum’s to schools – available at www.exporsa.co.za/schools.
*Competition Terms and Conditions.
- Comment below to stand a chance of winning 1 set of 4 tickets a week to The Terracotta Army and the First Emperor of China: The Exhibition in Durban 2016.
- Competition opens on 20 April 2016. 1 winner of 4 tickets will be randomly drawn once a week on the following dates: 28th April, 5th May, 12th May and 19th May. Durbanite reserves the right to change the draw date.
- Date/s to attend the exhibition will be confirmed each week once winner has been contacted.
- Winner/s will be notified via email and are required to confirm receipt within 24 hours of notification or redraw will take place.
- Winner/s full name, email and cell number will be required.
- By entering this competition winner/s agree for the above information to be passed onto EXPO RSA which will be added to their database to keep in contact with regards to future exhibitions.
- Subject to these competition rules, Durbanite’s determination of the winners is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The prizes are non-transferable for cash. If you are the winner, a copy of your South African identity document or passport may be required as proof that you are in fact the winner whose name was drawn.
- Employees, agents of or consultants to Durbanite and, their immediate family members (parents, children, brothers and sisters), spouse(s), life partners, business partners and associates are excluded from this competition.
- Failure to comply with any of these Terms and Conditions will result in immediate forfeiture of the prize.