Soweto Gospel Choir brings Christmas cheer to the Lake
The multiple-award winning Soweto Gospel Choir makes a rare appearance in Durban this December bringing some early Christmas cheer to the Old Mutual Music at the Lake Carols by Candlelight concert on Friday, 5 December at the Durban Botanic Gardens. And we are giving 5 x lucky Durbanites the opportunity to win double tickets! To enter, leave a comment below motivating us as to why you should win (remember the charity aspect!) *T & C’s apply.
Formed to celebrate the unique and inspirational power of African Gospel music, the 24-strong Soweto Gospel Choir will perform a carefully chosen medley of Christmas carols, as well as their classic songs. Undoubtedly one of South Africa’s most successful musical exports, the Soweto Gospel Choir have appeared on NBC’s “Today Show”, “Late Night with Conan O’Brien” and “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno”. The influential Jazz Times declared them to be “nothing less than an international treasure.”
The annual Carols by Candlelight concert is also a charity drive with concert goers asked to donate items in a ‘Christmas box’ – an initiative meant to bring Christmas cheer to disadvantaged children. Suitable items include shoes, clothes, toiletries and stationery.
“It’s a real treat to have the Soweto Gospel Choir for Carols by Candlelight and I urge everyone not to miss this opportunity. But also to remember it is a time for communities to come together and to offer a helping hand,” said Bandile Mngoma, sponsorships manager at Old Mutual. “In Africa we do it with a song so we encourage all concert goers to come and enjoy the music, sing if they want to and to donate what little they can.”
Tickets are available online at www.webtickets.co.za
Ticket prices: Pre-sold tickets are R120 and R140 on the day
Children aged 8-12 pay R50; kids under 8 are free. All children are welcome at the KidZone for some extra fun and games
Drinks, cooler boxes and picnic baskets are welcome
Gates open at 16h30 for pre-sold tickets and at 17h00 for on-the-day ticket sales.
Show starts at 19h00
Secure parking is available on the Juventus ground. Entrance to all parking is off lower John Zikhale (Sydenham) Road, adjacent to the Botanic Gardens and the Munies Hockey Field also off lower John Zikhale (Sydenham) Road.
*Competition Terms and Conditions.
- Comment below to stand a chance of winning one of 5 x double tickets to the Old Mutual Music at the Lake Carols by Candlelight concert on Friday, 5 December at the Durban Botanic Gardens.
- Competition opens on 26 November 2014 and closes at midday on 2 December 2014, South African Standard Time.
- Winner/s will be randomly drawn on 2 December 2014. Durbanite reserves the right to change the draw date.
- Winner/s will be notified via email and are required to confirm receipt within 24 hour of notification or redraw will take place.
- Subject to these competition rules, Durbanite’s determination of the winners is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The prizes are non-transferable for cash. If you are the winner, a copy of your South African identity document or passport may be required as proof that you are in fact the winner whose name was drawn.
- Employees, agents of or consultants to Durbanite and, their immediate family members (parents, children, brothers and sisters), spouse(s), life partners, business partners and associates are excluded from this competition.
- Failure to comply with any of these Terms and Conditions will result in immediate forfeiture of the prize.