WIN: TRENDING COMICS, DURBAN 2017
Trending Comics is coming to South Africa and while we are not talking Batman, Wonder Woman or The Avengers, we are talking some of the hottest young comedians performing in the country today!
In its debut South African showing, Trending Comics will feature a stellar line up of our very own comic superheroes in Schalk Bezuidenhout, Mpho Popps, Loyiso Madinga and Neil Green embarking on a nationwide tour that will touch down in Cape Town, Durban and Johannesburg at the end of October and beginning of November. As if that wasn’t enough firepower comedy in one ensemble, there will be different heavyweight comedians to host the shows in each city and we are excited to confirm them as the following; Kurt Schoonraad (Cape Town), Carvin Goldstone (Durban), and Donovan Goliath (Johannesburg).
WIN WIN WIN
We are giving away 1 set of double tickets, follow prompts on our Facebook page to enter. Std. T&C’s apply
Ever since the notion of ‘trending’ emerged on social media, it has become a global obsession – everyone wants to ‘trend’, everyone wants to see what’s ‘trending’! So that’s right, get ready to hit those comedy hashtags when Trending Comics comes to town!
Trending Comics is a spin-off of the Johannesburg International Comedy Festival. With the aspiration to give Africa a representative on the international comedy festival circuit, JICF is fast achieving global recognition in the manner it brings together comedians from all over the world to perform alongside the very best local and continental talent. The 3rd edition of JICF will be held in March 2018. As stand up comedy continues to explode locally, Trending Comics will give the broader South African audience a taste and feel of the Festival experience.
The tour started in Cape Town this weekend and hits the 031 Comedy Club in Morningside @ S43, Home to THAT Brewing Co., Durban on Saturday and Sunday, October 28 and 29 before closing the curtain on this inaugural edition at The Goliath Comedy Club in Melrose Arch, Johannesburg on Friday and Saturday, November 3 and 4.
Theola Conyers, Marketing Manager of Tall Horse Wines says: “Tall Horse is a wine with a difference. Forget stuffy wine rules and frills, and simply enjoy our different take on wine. More colourful and way more fun –we are proudly partnering with Trending Comics to keep you laughing and create unforgettable Tall Horse moments of comedy.”
Says Festival director, Takunda Bimha, who previously managed Trevor Noah, Loyiso Gola, Kagiso Lediga and others as the founder of Podium Comedy: “We are incredibly excited to be presenting a tour that consists of the comedians who are not only ‘trending’ right now but also represent the bright future of South African comedy! There has also been an emergence of world class comedy clubs all over the country and we are excited to be taking comedy directly to the people at the very epicentre of where comedy is originated, crafted and perfected! A huge shout goes out to Tall Horse Wines whose stoic support of local comedy has made this tour happen and its great to have Trace TV on board to partner with us on this adventure!”
Dates: 28 & 29 October @ S43, Home to THAT Brewing Co., 43 Station Drive, Berea, South Africa, 4001
TICKETS AVAILABLE ONLINE (http://qkt.io/
TABLE BOOKINGS ESSENTIAL (S43 – 031 303 2747)
*Competition Terms and Conditions.
- Enter via Facebook to stand a chance of winning one set of tickets to Trending Comics, Durban.
- Tickets are valid for Saturday night 28 October 2017 only – not negotiable.
- Competition opens on 22 October 2017 and closes at midday on 24 October 2017, South African Standard Time.
- Winner/s will be randomly drawn on 24 October 2017. Durbanite reserves the right to change the draw date.
- Winner/s will be notified via Facebook and are required to confirm their attendance within 24 hour of notification or redraw will take place.
- Durbanite do not accept responsibility for damage to or loss of any personal property at this Event.
- Subject to these competition rules, Durbanite’s determination of the winners is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The prizes are non-transferable for cash. If you are the winner, a copy of your South African identity document or passport may be required as proof that you are in fact the winner whose name was drawn.
- By entering this competition you agree to all the terms and conditions stated above.
- Employees, agents of or consultants to Durbanite and, their immediate family members (parents, children, brothers and sisters), spouse(s), life partners, business partners and associates are excluded from this competition.
- Failure to comply with any of these Terms and Conditions will result in immediate forfeiture of the prize.