Borderlands: The Handsome Collection Review
Borderlands is one of the biggest most epic Role Playing games on the market and it just got better. Borderlands The Handsome Collection (THC)
Now this is not just a remastered version on Borderlands 2 & The Pre Sequel, no, it all this and more! Borderlands The Handsome Collection contains every single DLC known to man. This game is huge! The game also come with enhanced local multiplayer, and the ability to transfer save data from PlayStation 3/Vita and Xbox 360 versions.
We have been playing this game for days (and nights) and there is still plenty to do and explore.
For those of you who aren’t too familiar with the Borderlands franchise here is a little breakdown of what its all about.
Borderlands includes character-building elements found in role-playing games, leading Gearbox to call the game a “role-playing shooter”. At the start of the game, players select a characters, each with a unique special skill and with proficiencies with certain weapons. From then on, players take on missions assigned through non-player characters or from bounty boards, each typically rewarding the player with experience points, money, and sometimes a reward item.
Players earn experience by killing both human and non-human foes and completing in-game challenges (such as getting a certain number of kills using a specific type of weapon). As they gain levels from experience growth, players can then allocate skill points into a skill tree that features distinct specializations of the base character. Players can distribute points among any of the specializations, and can also spend a small amount of in-game money to redistribute their skill points.
Instead of us telling you all about the gameplay which has been done a million times, here is a little screen recording of early gameplay. SKIP TO 5:00 to see the juicy bits!
In the video we are on a mission to take out a midget riding a bullymong! Great fun!
When it comes to graphics, Borderlands: The Handsome Collection looks amazing on the PS4, especially with its high definition and great animation. The cell-shading graphical style adds to the distinctive personality of the game
The lighting and Special effects in the game is great and gives a real immersive feel to the gameplay.
Sound effects pack a punch as the soundtrack gives the title this surreal sci-fi atmosphere.
If you love the Borderlands series and want to take on the PS4 or XBox One version, then this is right up your alley. The gameplay is incredible and whats not to love about the graphics looking aamzing in FULL-HD with an average of 60 frames per second.
- TWO CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED BORDERLANDS GAMES IN ONE PACKAGE – experience Handsome Jack’s rise to power in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and his reign as maniacal Hyperion CEO in Borderlands 2.
- HUNDREDS OF HOURS OF GAMEPLAY: includes all campaign add-ons*, playable character packs, level cap upgrades, and assorted combat arenas previously released as downloadable content for both titles, plus dozens of additional character customizations.
- BORDERLANDS: THE HANDSOME COLLECTION SUPPORTS FOUR DIFFERENT PLAYERS ON A SINGLE SPLIT SCREEN – next generation power fully utilized!
- PICK UP RIGHT WHERE YOU LEFT OFF! Transfer your Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, or PS Vita save files onto next-gen with cross-save**.
- EXPLORE THE MAYHEM-FILLED WORLD OF PANDORA AND ITS MOON in amazing high definition with smooth high performance frame rates never before seen in Borderlands on consoles.
- WITH OVER 55 EDITORIAL AWARDS AND OVER 20M UNITS SOLD, enjoy the most critically acclaimed franchise to ever include butt-slamming and a diamond pony.
- *Includes all available downloadable content for Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel as of March 24, 2015. Internet connection as well as a PlayStation®Network account or an account on the Xbox Live online entertainment network from Microsoft is required to download certain add-on content.
** Save transfers must be between same console family.
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection was developed by Gearbox Software, Armature Studio and Iron Galaxy Studios and published by 2K Games. It is available for the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One.